Cobblers are a great dessert to make this time of year. This is a quick, easy dessert for anyone to make and everyone will love it. Most of the ingredients you already have on hand in your cabinets. You can make this recipe with ANY kind of berry; strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or raspberries. In this case, I used blackberries. I have also made it with blueberries which is AWESOME as well! My husband gives the cobbler two thumbs up as well.
You can mixed the berries you use as well. (ex: blueberries with blackberries)
Serves 4-5 double ingredients and use a 9X13 dish for larger portion
What You Need:
-3 cups of fresh berries
-1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice
-1 cup All-Purpose flour
-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter softened
-3/4 cup packed light brown sugar + extra to sprinkle on top
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 375 F
2. Grease your pan. I used part of the stick of butter. You can use a 9X6 Rectangle or 8″ Round pan. I used the 8″ round pan.
3. Place all your berries in the bottom of the pan. Drizzle the berries with your lemon juice.
4. In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt. Set this aside for now.
5. In a medium bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract until it is well blended.
6. Mix in your dry ingredients until the mixture resembles crumbs. With your hands, sprinkle the mixture over the top of the berries until they are covered with the mixture. Sprinkle extra brown sugar to your liking.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is brown/fruit is bubbling.
Serve with vanilla bean ice cream or a glass of milk! YUM