I have said it before, but in case you missed it, I am more of a baker than a cook. I enjoy baking over cooking any day. Today, I am sharing a new recipe I made this past weekend for my husband. A quick and easy cobbler! My husband is a sweets lover and loves a good peach cobbler. It was my turn to bake a peach cobbler for the first time at home. It was a hit and he loved it! I hope you will too, enjoy!
Next time I am going to make the top of the cobbler more like my Berry Cobbler I made here.
Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 60 minutes Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
You will need to gather all your ingredients.
- fresh Peaches- 3 cups
- Baking Powder- 1 1/2 tsp
- Flour- 1 cup
- Salt- 1/8 tsp
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Butter- 1/2 cup melted
- Milk- 3/4 cup
- Brown Sugar- 1/2 cup (less if you like it not as sweet)
(I did not peel my peaches but you can peel the peaches before using them in the recipe)
- Melt you butter and place in a casserole dish or glass baking pan. (I used 8X8 glass pan)
- Mix together sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the butter and stir in the milk.
- Sprinkle the peaches over batter, do not stir.
- Add the brown sugar by sprinkling over the top before placing in the oven.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
Served best warm and with vanilla ice cream.