First and foremost thank you to Elizabeth from Wunder Bliss and Nina from The Law of Fashion, two lovely bloggers whom nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thank you, thank you ladies! Be sure to head over to their blogs to see what great ideas and looks they have to share. I’m sure you are asking yourself what is the Liebster Award anyway? This award is passed from blogger to blogger to help newbie bloggers, like myself, get out there. The award also allows bloggers to get to know more about each other and help them communicate with other bloggers in the blogging community. Each of these two ladies has listed 11 questions for me to answer. Instead of answering both sets of questions or all 22 questions, I will simply answer a total of 11 questions that may have come from either list. After I answer those 11 questions, I will then come up with 11 new questions to send to 11 new bloggers to answer. Those bloggers will then pass on the love to more new bloggers out there! How fun! Lets get to know each other!
1. What is the one make up products you cannot live without?
Mascara………….buuuuut if I could sneak in another it would probably be my BB Cream! Oh yes!
2. In your life, who can you depend on the most?
Humm…this is somewhat difficult as I have always been a very independent person. I like to have things done correctly and know they are getting done so I have really only depended on myself to get them done. I know. I know. I can always depend on my supportive husband. 🙂
3. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
Why of course I would be an FBI agent orrrrr own my own boutique! Okay, maybe I could just do both of them together?
4. How do you define success?
Sure our society has its ideas of what they need to achieve to be labeled successful, but is that real? I don’t believe in one method to achieve success. I believe that if you are honest, hard working and put your heart in it, you will succeed. Success is not measured by money, fame or items. It is those small victories that equivulate to your life and that is success! To balance your personal and professional life to live the way you see fit, that is success. I believe when you are honest and truly love what you do in life, that is success! (Sorry, it is not one defined answer in my book)
5. What are your favorite apps that you use often?
Instagram, Pinterest, A Beautiful Mess (photo), Pandora, Craft/Hobby stores (for the coupons!), and Heads Up! (you should get/play this!)
6. Do you go to the mall or shop online?
Both. I go through my moods of what seems like only shopping online then I will find myself in the mood to only go to stores. I love doing both if you ask me. 🙂
7. Who takes your pictures for your blog?
My handsome husband! Since I am more of the photographer between us, I tend to get the settings all squared away so he is pretty much focusing and pushing the button. He has been learning new things along the way.
8. How do you get inspiration for your outfits?
I honestly love just “looking”. Yes, that is so general of me to state, but between looking on the streets, tv shows, print, online, stores and bloggers I simply just look in all the places right in front of me. It helps me piece together things that I might have already or want to add to my wardrobe to make my outfits come together. Blogs and Pinterest tend to get a lot of my inspiration juices flowing.
9. Where is your favorite place to visit when you travel?
Warmth! It will always be sunshine and water. 🙂 I do love exploring towns/cities and being a ‘local’, really exploring. Hint of why my blog name has ‘adventure’ in it.
10. What was the last book your read and would you recommend it?
#GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso YES! If you have not read this you need to do so. I am currently reading The Woman I Wanted To Be by Diane von Furstenberg and it is also a recommended read.
11. What makes your blog unique?
I know most blogs all probably say the same thing but I actually mean it. I am just a normal and everyday kind of girl. I speak the truth and am honest with my readers. If I dont wear makeup in an outfit post so be it, that is just who I am. I keep life simple and always encourage my readers to give something new a try. I want to inspire women to be happy and go out of the box and have fun being a lady! Be yourself and always have fun! 🙂
Now its your turn, here are my questions:
1. What three pieces should every lady have in her closet?
2. Which do you enjoy more: cooking or baking?
3. What is your favorite room in your home and why?
4. If you were to be dropped off at the airport today, told to go anywhere in the world-no cost involved-where would you get on a plane to? And why?
5. Which do you prefer a small or large handbag?
6. Why did you start your blog? And what inspires you to keep going?
7. What are 5 products you wear/use daily? (to get ready)
8. What hobby/activity do you wish you had more time for? Explain.
9. What is your favorite pattern?
10. Is there something you learned late in your blog journey you wish you knew before?
11. What is your favorite season? Why?
I nominate the following bloggers:
Erin from Almost Wednesday
Punam from The College Catwalk
Cathy from A Stitch In Style
Megan from Its A Grandville Life
Cami from Paillettes And Champagne
Camilla from Castle Avenue Blog
Jacqueline from 7th and Willow
Meghan from Maybe Meghan
Tiffany/Lindsey from Baubles and Backdrops
Congratulations ladies! I hope you take the time to answer these questions in a blog post and share the love with other newbie bloggers.
Just a few rules to keep in mind when nominating fellow bloggers. Remember to answer the 11 questions I asked above in a blog post on your blog. Then come up with 11 new questions to send to 11 new blogger nominees. Be sure to link to their blogs in your post and don’t forget they must have less than 1000 followers. Post your blog post on Instagram and tag your new 11 nominees. Ready-Set-GOOOOO!